Realterm places the emphasis on finding the most efficient use possible of land that is in short supply and at high costs in dense urban and specialty logistics areas. We design all projects with two priorities in mind: 1) maximizing the highest and best use of the parcel and 2) incorporating design and utilization flexibility to accommodate potential future shifts in industrial trends. Realterm carefully evaluates each site to identify the optimal solutions for facility location, facility size, proximity to major infrastructure, truck court sizing, auto parking, and other special use considerations.
Our goal is to provide our tenants with their most efficient building solutions in terms of utility and economics. Our specialized design expertise enables us to achieve lower development costs than our competitors, which means our tenants obtain lower lease rates.
PROJECT AND CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT
Realterm's in-house development and construction team offers broad experience in the development of specialty industrial properties including high flow through (HFT®) facilities, high volume retail distribution and highly secure facilities.
ENVIRONMENTAL AND ENERGY EFFICIENT DESIGN
Environmentally conscious building practices are being adopted by Realterm. Our company personnel have been certified through the U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) program. The program outlines mandatory prerequisites in areas such as water efficiency, materials and resources, indoor environmental quality, energy and atmosphere, innovation and design process, and sustainable sites.
DHL Cargo Facility - Chicago, IL
• O’Hare industrial submarket totals 110 million sf
• DHL Global Forwarding’s largest facility worldwide
• $32 million total investment
• 490,000 sf freight forwarding facility
• Cold storage space for pharma
Major renovation of an existing (circa. 1969) Crossdock Truck Terminal in Elizabeth, New Jersey
• 112 doors, 100’-0” wide
• New extended concrete aprons
• New sealed overhead doors, levelers and dock equipment
• Full renovation of the office and bathroom facilities
• New HVAC systems
• Back-up power generator
• Updated LED motion sensor light fittings throughout the building
• TPO roof system
High flow through facility on 14.5 acres offering approximately 60,000 SF of warehouse and 8,500 SF of office
Major renovation of LTL Crossdock Truck Terminal in Maspeth, New York
• 7.13 +/- acre site represented an irreplaceable infill location in the heart of New York
• 62,000 SF of warehouse and office space with 123 loading positions
• Renovation allowed Bimbo Bakeries to consolidate three satellite locations into a single distribution depot
• Replaced the entire roof, exterior walls and all HVAC, installing custom warehouse fans
• Loading positions designed to accommodate a variety of tractor trailers and smaller box delivery vans
• Yard paving replaced, then fenced and new lighting installed
Now complete, this property represents a state of the art food distribution center for the largest bakery company in the United States.
Vice President, Development and Construction
Vice President, Development